Panca Tattva Upadesa
The whole universe if made of primary 5 elements called the Panca Tattva. Panca means five and tattva means elements. These 5 elements are:
- Agni (Fire): Energy generated by burning.
- Prithvi (Earth): Solid Structure and Form giver.
- Vayu (Wind): Health, Disease and Death.
- Jala (Water): Emotions, Love, Progeny etc.
- Akash (Sky or Ether): The Gravitational Force of Universe. The attraction of Universe.
These are the Panca Tattvas that made up everything in this manifested universe. These tattva made our bodies, our houses and everything. The creation is always flawed due to that fact the everything that is born or created will die for sure. The basic seed on flaw arises from the Panca Tattva as which tattva is hit.
Panca Tattva & Quality of Life
The Human body is made from the panca tattva. These elements work on a very root level there affecting the quality of life. In my professional practice as an Astrologer I have seen people who have severe affliction to tattva suffer a lot from its significance. Example, a major dosa (flaw) in Akash tattva can make a person suffer from clinical depression or other severe mental disorders. Akash tattva directly hits a person’s mind. Tattva doshas (Elemental Flaws) are very hard to remove and require continuous Sadhana (Tattva Mantra Practice), which is difficult to follow for most of people. On the other hand daily pacification of tattvas can done very easily and requires a very short time of almost 10 minutes. Daily pacification will help to reduce tattva afflictions for the day and doing it everyday we can achieve and maintain a stable and quality life.
Pancha Upachar Pooja:
Upachar means treatment and Pancha Upachar means treatment of five. The best way to do this is to offer the five items denoted by the 5 elements to a Shiva Linga. If Shiva Linga is not available, then you can do it on statue of your Ista deity. I prefer Shiva Linga as it is embodiment of eternal energy and is very auspicious.
Simply offer the below five items to deity (Shiva Linga recommended)
- Vayu:- Offer a incense (Dhoop) inorder to cleanse and protect the surrounding environment.
- Agni:- Offer Lamp (Diya) to remove darkness from life and let knowledge come in.
- Prithvi:_ Offer Sandal Paste (Chandan), to bring financial stabilty and prosperity.
- Akash:- Offer Fresh Flowers (Puspa), to generate a loving and happy mind.
- Jala:- Offer Naivedyam (Edible Item), in order to feed and sustain everyone.
The above practice is the very simple and effective one. People who cannot do elaborate rituals due to time or financial constraints this is their best option. No priest is needed, all it needs is your devotion and commitment . The Panca Upachar Pooja will slowly reduce the tattva doshs and people who have completed one year of regular practice will slowly feel the change.