The lunar eclipse has the energy to manifest desires in the world. The Moon with all its Maya when eclipsed by the Nodes creates a potent energy. Any mantra done during an eclipse is very powerful.
There are also two deities that can be worshipped during an eclipse, to grant complete protection and blessing.
- Shri Narasimha
- Devi Bagulamukhi
- There are only two who can not be eclipsed at all. Their energy is in the form of extremely powerful Mars, as one is the mother of Mars and the other the Avatar from Mars.
- So we will worship Shri Narasimha as Vishnu Avatar can be worshipped by anyone and does not require many rules as in the case of Mahavidya Bagulamukhi Devi.
- During the time of the eclipse is very beneficial to chant the Narasimha Mantra. The mantra done during this time is very powerful and grants a lot of blessings and protection to the natives.
Dos & Donts During Eclipse
- Do not eat anything
- Do not use any sharp objects
- Do not start any new work.
- Do your chanting only. No other worship is to be done. Mantra chanting is different from Pooja (Worship).
- Wash your deities and place of worship after the eclipse i.e the next morning.