Saturn or Shani is the outermost planet in Vedic Astrology. He represents the oldest one and is slowest among all. Saturn transits a zodiac sign in almost 2.5 years and take 30 years to complete one cycle.
Saturn lords over two zodiac signs Capricorn and Aquarius (also co-lorded by Rahu in Vedic Astrology). Saturn represents a lot of things but mainly he is the significator of suffering and pain, because he indicates previous or past life karma and gives results of according to that. That why we say the house where Saturn is or where it aspects, we mostly suffer from there due to results of previous karmic balance. Therefore now we know why Saturn rules the natural 10th house, which is the work we do, and Natural 11th house, which is gain we get from the work or karma done.
Why does Saturn gives suffering?
Saturn personified as Deity which is Shani Dev is responsible for karmic actions and their repentance. Tapasya which means penance is also denoted by Saturn (Saturn, Venus and Ketu shows a Tapasya Yoga). Saturn also is the Ruler of Spiritual Plane called Tappar Loka.
All the negative karma can either cut by suffering, that is why we are born with a body and soul or tapasya.
What is Sade Sati
Sade Sati literally means seven and half years. This seven and half years is the time taken by Saturn to transit three signs (2.5 years per sign). Sade Sati starts when Saturn transits into 12th Sign from Natal Moon Sign and continues while Saturn transit the Natal Moon Sign and 2nd Sign from the Moon. It will only end when Saturn will transit into the 3rd sign from moon. Therefore Sade Sati is transit of Saturn in three Signs
- 12th House/Sign from the Moon
- The Moon Sign itself
- 2nd House/Sign from Moon.
The Houses From Moon Sign: Chandra Kundali
What is so important in these houses from moon that a malefic planet like Saturn’s transit play havoc in our lives. Let us have look at these houses based on the concept of Moon Horoscope or Chandra Kundali.
Chandra Kundali is a very important factor in vedic astrology. It the chart drawn from the natal moon sign as ascendant and all houses are counted from there. This different from Natal Chart, as this chart shows how our mind reacts and how is our experience of the things given to us. This deals more from the point of view of personal experience of life, and its effect on mental status and emotions. How is your mind is configured to interact with things around you, including your self.
- 12th House from Moon: This is house of family. Any bad yogas here will disturb family life a lot and will give a troubled spouse.
- The Moon Sign: This is you, your mind and your health. The blood flows in your body from here. Your reputation and name is society too. Most critical house in the horoscope. Afflictions here can cause serious problems. A lot of mental diseases also come from here if bad yogas are there.
- 2nd House from Moon: The work you do. It is your office and work environment. What you give to society back. Problems here ruin office life.
Now we have a major idea what sade sati is. Its is safe to say that sade sati is penance of our past karma. Everyone will have a different experience in sade sati. Mostly it is suffering but some people have tremendous rise in sade sati due to the fact that their Saturn is favorable or their Navamsa chart is more powerful. If Navamsa is very powerful Rasi chart may not give results.
We divide the sade sati into three parts based on the house it is in:
- Saturn transiting the 12th house from Moon: This is the first phase of sade sati for 2.5 years. Family problems pop up mostly. Natives health goes done as Saturn will have a Papa (malefic) yoga on natal moon. Couples may separate or relationships breaks. Ones’ family life starts to become problematic, and high stress levels are seen.
- Saturn transiting the Moon Sign: This is most deadly part. Saturn afflicts Moon badly. Health issues may arise if Subhapati is weak. It also aspects the 10th from Moon during this time. The reputation of person may go down. His status and success rate falls down and losses may be seen. This is time when most people experience depression and social cut off.
- Saturn transiting the 2nd House from Moon: This is house is your earning capacity and office. Saturn here reduces income and gives financial insatiability.
Kantaka Shani (Dhaiya)
Kantaka means a thorn. Kantaka Shani means transit of shani where it hurts like a thorn. They are like mini sade sati, i.e. they like 2.5 years. Kantaka Shani happens when Saturn transits 8th house or 10 house from Moon, Lagna and Arudha Lagna.
- Kantaka from Moon: It is same like sade sati, a lot of mental pressure and work related problems. Mental peace is hampered and family is hit.
- Kantaka from Lagna: Lagna is body. Health problems start to occur.
- Kantaka from AL: The maya of person is hit. Name and fame is hit. Bad talk about person may happen. Very negative for people in public field.
Sade Sati as a Maraka (Causing Death)
Sade sati is happens every 30 years in person’s life. The first sade sati has not the power to inflict death, but second sade sati, can inflict death, if maraka dasa or shoola dasa of maraka are running. The third sade sati is very hard to survive and death surely happens. To survive this a strong atmakaraka, Jupiter and lagna is needed.
Sade Sati Devata
Sade remedies are basically based on the chart, depending on the placement of Saturn, its degrees and Moon sign. There are three deities that control sade sati and their worship can greatly reduced the ill effects. Their specific mantras when based on native’s chart are best to chant.
The deities are:
- Shri Krishna
Sir which is the best mantra for mars saturn and moon yuti in8th house in meena lagna?
Read Hanuman Chalisa and worship Maa Gauri everyday
Sir meena lagna me guru7degree budh 18degre sukra6degree ka h .lagnesh ka mantra Karu ya bush ka?
Sir kya lagna ko strong karne ke liye lagna ke nakshtra ka mantra jap sakte h?
Yes you can do, but do gayatri mantra
Sir in meena lagna jupiter in 10th house in mula nakshtra with mercury and venus and in saturn in 8th.is jupiter weak?which mantra should i do mercury or jupiter?
Sir meena lagna me guru7degree budh 18degre sukra6degree ka h jo 10th house me h.lagnesh ka mantra Karu ya budh ka?
Sir meena lagna me guru7degree budh 18degre sukra6degree ka h jo 10thhouse me yuti h .lagnesh ka mantra Karen ya budh ka?